2016 Nissan LEAF Online Configurator Now Live
Nissan announced that sales of the all-electric LEAF started on Tuesday – and a big part of being able to do that, is having your online configurator actually specing out the new 2016 product over the outgoing 2015 model year.
Today that is a reality as future EV owners can now explore and build their own 2016 LEAF, which of course includes the larger 30 kWh battery on the SV and SL option.
The 30 kWh battery is rated by the EPA to have 107 miles of all-electric range, while the base 24 kWh battery remains rated at 84 miles.
Full details/review on the 2016 edition can be found here.
As for pricing, the base Nissan LEAF remains unchanged at $29,010 (+$850 delivery), while the extra 23 miles found in the SV and SL trims see the prices increase anywhere from $1,600 (SL) to $2,100.
After the federal government’s incentive is factored in, a 107 mile LEAF will set you back at least $26,700 before any dealer or state-level incentives are applied:
* – Nissan LEAF S – $29,010 ($29,010) +$895 dst
* – Nissan LEAF SV – $34,200 ($32,100) + $895 dst
* – Nissan LEAF SL – $36,790 ($35,170) +$895 dst
A few of the optional (and really only) highlights include:
S Model (24 kWh): Charge Package ($1,770) – upgrades L2 3.3 kW charging to 6.6 kW and adds CHAdeMO fast charging (this package is standard on SV/SL)
SV/SL Model (30 kWh): Premium Package ($1,570) – provides “around view” monitor and upgrades to a BOSE sound system, navigation is now standard in SV/SL, leather is standard on SL
As we always do when reporting on a new plug-in offering going live online, we can’t help ourselves to learn ‘what maximum price’ can we deck the vehcile out to.
Anyone interesting in building or ordering their own LEAF should check out the configurator here.
Hat tip to Andrew S!
- Nissan, Renault, Mitsubishi Collectively Reveal Future Plans, Including 12 Pure EVs
- How General Motors Makes The Chevy Bolt And Sonic On The Same Line
- No, The $29,990 Nissan LEAF Doesn’t Have a Small Battery So It Can Compete With Compacts
- 2018 Nissan LEAF Test Drive Tour Kicks Off Next Month, Sign up Now