2015 Mercedes-Benz S500 Plug-In Hybrid Takes to the Stage in Frankfurt
The 2015 Mercedes-Benz S500 Plug-In Hybrid was amongst one of several M-B debuts on the crowded Frankfurt Motor Show stage.
Here are the important details (note: quoted fuel economy and range values are based on the fairy tale NEDC test cycle):
- Fuel consumption of 3 liters/100 km (78.4 US mpg)
- Emits only 69 g/km of CO2
- Turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 engine rated at 328 hp and 354 pound- feet of torque
- Electric motor adds 107 hp and 251 pound-feet of torque
- Top speed 155 mph
- 0 to 62 mph in 5.5 seconds
- Electric-only range 18.6 miles
The 2015 Mercedes-Benz S500 Plug-in Hybrid will arrive at dealerships in Germany in 2014. A US launch is scheduled, though we don’t yet have arrival details. Pricing remains an unknown at this time.
Gallery: Double Click to Enlarge